Sunday, May 11, 2008

Don’t Get Manicures or Pedicures Unless They’re Free (Germ-Free, too)

I have wanted to splurge and treat myself to a manicure or pedicure — actually, both! — for many years, but I have always felt guilty about spending money on such a self-indulgent and unnecessary service, especially when I’m always complaining about the dismal economy and my student loan debt.

Well, now, I can finally find out what’s so great about having my nails “done” thanks to Clairol.

In last Sunday’s paper, I noticed you can get a free manicure or pedicure with the purchase of any 2 specially marked Herbal Essences shampoos or conditioners or any 1 Herbal Essences hair color so I picked up two bottles of “Color Me Happy” conditioner when I was at Target today. They were only $2.94 each, plus I had a coupon for a dollar off, so I only ended up spending about $5.96!

If you’re interested in getting a free manicure or pedicure, too, all you have to do is:

(1) Buy 2 specially marked Herbal Essences shampoos or conditioners (the collections participating are “Hello Hydration”, “Body Envy”, “Long Term Relationship”, “Color Me Happy” and “Totally Twisted”) or any 1 specially marked Herbal Essences hair color;

(2) Go to www.herbalessences.com/manipedi and enter the UPC codes from the back of the bottles (if you buy hair color, enter the LOT code);

(3) Print out a redemption form, complete it and mail it in, along with your original receipt.

In approximately 4-6 weeks, you will receive a voucher for a pedicure or manicure by mail. The voucher will provide you with the address of a website that will tell you where you can redeem the voucher.

While I’m delighted to be getting a nice little “extra” with my conditioner purchase, I wish the names and locations of the participating salons would have been disclosed beforehand. I can just see anxiously checking the mailbox every day for weeks, waiting patiently for my voucher, only to be disappointed to learn the nail salons participating are those scary little places that use the same tools on everybody without disinfecting them.

There is absolutely NO WAY I will ever step foot in any of those germ havens, even if the manicure or pedicure is free!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

no way…they dont clean between using?…holy shit!

yellowdoggranny said...

i could have told you you would like blogspot better...but noooooo...

ha

Anonymous said...

Solamar Spa and Salon here On YDR is fabulous and it is really clean.